Skip to Questions

FAQ - Got questions? Get Answers!


How do I find a newspaper commentary, editorial, letter to the editor, op/ed piece, opinion, or political cartoon?

Last Updated: Mar 18, 2011  |  692 Views
Topics: Newspapers

Was this helpful? 1   0


Open the newspaper database called ProQuest Newsstand. Before entering any keyword(s) in the search boxes, change the "Limit to:" options by scrolling down to Document Type. Click on "Clear all." Next, scroll in the "Document Type" box and select the following categories:

  • Commentary
  • Editorial
  • Editorial cartoon/comic
  • Letter to the editor

Now enter any keywords or phrases related to your topic, such as abortion, globalization, water pollution, etc., and click the search button. Regular newspaper articles will be eliminated and your results will be various opinion pieces.

Answered by Donald PageBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Other Help

    person icon Contact: Need in-depth research help? Find a Subject Librarian
    phone icon Phone: Call our Research Help Desk at 909.869.3084

    desk icon

    In Person: Come to our Research Help Desk

    text icon

    Text: 909.891.0991  More Info

    question mark

    Have a Campus Question?  Ask Billy Bronco

    Live Chat

    Need more help? Chat in real-time with a Librarian!

    Related content from Guides