Answered By: Freda Lin Last Updated: Aug 30, 2017 Views: 2521
Holds: When an item is already checked out
- Cal Poly Pomona students, faculty, and staff can request a hold for items that are from the Cal Poly Pomona University Library.
- Holds cannot be placed on items with an "Item in place" status.
- Holds can be made when OneSearch shows an item's Status is “In Process,” "On loan until [a due date]," or "On loan - overdue."
- Placing a hold means that you will be notified by campus e-mail when an item that you requested becomes available. You may pick it up at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor.
- If the item is currently checked out ("On loan until [a due date])," we expect the item to be returned by the due date. However, we do not have direct control over when the current borrower of the item actually returns it.
Keep track of the holds you have placed by checking your library account. You may cancel a hold request at any time.
To place a hold, take these 3 steps:
- First, use OneSearch to find the item you want. Click on the item's title to open the item record.
- Next, look for Request Options under "Get It" in the item record. Request Options include "Request," "ILLiad," and "Resource sharing request." These options are only visible if you are a CPP student, faculty, or staff member who is signed in to OneSearch and viewing an item with the status “In Process” or "On loan until [a due date]" or "On loan - overdue."
- When Request Options are visible, click on the "Request" link. This generates an online Request slip to place a hold on the item that is from the Cal Poly Pomona University Library. Simply click the REQUEST button in the online slip to submit and complete the hold request. If you are unable to place hold, please contact the Circulation desk for assistance.
Call the Research Help Desk @
Visit the Research Help Desk for in-person help
Find a Subject Librarian
Subject Librarians can help with in-depth research
Text a Librarian
Text quick questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with a Librarian
Need more help? Chat in real-time with a librarian!