Answered By: Library Staff
Last Updated: Jul 19, 2017     Views: 122

chemistry journal titles abbreviated too mucn1. Try googling the abbreviated title of the journal:

example: J Agric Food Chem  and hunt through the results for the full title.

2. You can use the Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI), a free online tool:   Some of the  older souces may use really short abbreviations that don't work well in CASSI [such as Claisen, Ann. 418,113 (1919)]. You can look at this document called "Beyond CASSI"  for the full names of these journals.

3. We also have a much harder to use paper version of CASSI in the Circulating Collection, 4th floor. Chemical Abstracts Service source index

Get Help

Get Help

 Call us!


Call the Research Help Desk @ (909) 869-3084

  In-person help


Visit the Research Help Desk for in-person help

 Find a Subject Librarian


Subject Librarians can help with in-depth research

 Text a Librarian


Text quick questions to

 Chat with a Librarian


Need more help? Chat in real-time with a librarian!


Related Topics

Contact Us