Answered By: Julie Shen Last Updated: Mar 22, 2016 Views: 134
We have several databases you can use to find US companies operating in a foreign country. The two I would recommend are Mergent Online and Lexis Nexis. Both are listed on the library database list under BUSINESS: http://xerxes.calstate.edu/pomona/databases/subject/business
To use Mergent Online to search for U.S. companies in a foreign country, here are the steps:
1. click on the ADVANCED SEARCH tab.
2. Check all the boxes at the top, including D&B Private Company Database.
3. Click the + symbol next to COUNTRY OF INCORPORATION. Change it to United States.
4. Click the + symbol next to COUNTRY OF OPERATIONS. Change to the specific country.
You can also use LEXIS-NEXIS BUSINESS. It's also linked on the library databases list under BUSINESS.
1. Click on the CREATE A COMPANY LIST tab.
2. On the SEARCH BUSINESS DESCRIPTION line, change to SEARCH SUBSIDIARY. In the box, type the name of the country.
3. Under GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION, in the drop-down menu next to REGIONS/COUNTRIES, choose UNITED STATES.
4. Click the CREATE button. You'll see a list of companies. From here you can create a customized report listing only the information you want.
Call the Research Help Desk @
Visit the Research Help Desk for in-person help
Find a Subject Librarian
Subject Librarians can help with in-depth research
Text a Librarian
Text quick questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with a Librarian
Need more help? Chat in real-time with a librarian!