Answered By: Freda Lin Last Updated: Oct 30, 2017 Views: 1558
To find social science-related scholarly articles about the prison industrial complex, a good library database to start with is Sociological Abstracts. To access it:
- Go to the databases page.
- Click on Sociology>Sociological Abstracts link.
- If you are on campus, you will be taken immediately to the database. If you are off-campus, you will be asked to input your bronco name and password.
- Once you are in the database, type in your search terms - "prison industrial complex" - and then check the box next to peer reviewed to limit your search to scholarly peer reviewed journal articles. NOTE: Using other search terms, such as stratification AND prisons, or stratification AND incarceration, also produces relevant results.
Many of our other databases will contain scholarly articles on this topic as well, so you might also try using our article search tool, which allows you to search for articles across several of our databases. To access it:
- Go to the library homepage (http://www.cpp.edu/~library/).
- Click on the dropdown menu within the OneSearch box. Select Articles.
- Type in your search terms - "prison industrial complex".
- When your search results pop up, you'll see the phrase [Peer Reviewed Journal] beneath the scholarly journal articles.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Shonn Haren (email@example.com), the sociology librarian.
Call the Research Help Desk @
Visit the Research Help Desk for in-person help
Find a Subject Librarian
Subject Librarians can help with in-depth research
Text a Librarian
Text quick questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with a Librarian
Need more help? Chat in real-time with a librarian!